Friday 17 May 2019

Ordinary Senior

Today, I am not an ordinary girl at all, but an ordinary senior citizen, prone to forgetfulness and sometimes miscues. 

I posted on Facebook about my daughter picking up her son from our house...but I posted the wrong name!  I posted the 9-year-old's name rather than the baby's name. 

Someone from a local church called me...twice...to book me to lead worship at his church.  He asked me the same questions, and seemed to have forgotten the first call, when we actually did a couple of bookings. 

My husband made himself a lunch today and headed off to our shore property.  A little while later, I discovered that he had left the stove burner on. 

I corrected an official's spelling of my last name, but tried to let them know that I wasn't upset about it....a miscue....They responded in a very defensive way. 

Sigh.  It will get worse.  How's that for ordinary?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hah! I'm dealing with it better now.

Interesting to read my last post.   In many ways, things have continued in the same vein.  For example, at church, where I volunteer as secr...