Sunday 7 August 2011

Sundays.

This ordinary girl goes to church on Sundays.  What isn't ordinary is that my husband and I attend different churches:  He's Roman Catholic and I belong to the United Church.  Mom came with me today.  A little girl was baptized and she was SO adorable.  She danced and hummed to the hymns and tried to play with the water in the baptismal font.  I love the questions that our minister asked the parents and the congregation as part of the service.  Not only do we reaffirm our faith, but we make a commitment and a promise to pray for the little girl and her family and to support her in her faith.  Unfortunately, her family doesn't come regularly.  In fact, I've never seen them before.  How do we support someone we don't know? 

I'm still cleaning and freezing blueberries.  I made a blueberry cheesecake for a family get-together down on St. Joe's Island.  The cake was practically inhaled.  I should have made two!

How's that for an ordinary day?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hah! I'm dealing with it better now.

Interesting to read my last post.   In many ways, things have continued in the same vein.  For example, at church, where I volunteer as secr...